Alaska According to Marie

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Word of the Day

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Jeremy Coke for his generous donation in my ever-present endeavors to expand my vocabulary. It is indeed a fortuitous event when I find myself in the company of those rare individuals who exhibit incredible mastery of the english language and would like to take this moment to acknowledge my debt to you and attempt to pay it with my expressed gratitude for your eloquent oratory skill. Bravo Mr. Coke!


Hornswaggle: bamboozle, beguile, betray, bluff, cajole, cheat on, circumvent, conjure, deceive, delude, diddle, double-cross, dupe, forestall, gammon, get around, gull, hoax, hocus-pocus, humbug, juggle, let down, mock, outmaneuver, outreach, outsmart, outwit, overreach, pigeon, play one false, put something over, snow, string along, take in, trick, two-time


posted by Marie VW at 2.7.08

3 Comments:

My distinct pleasure...
Signed,
Jeremy Coke

1:06 PM  

okay...I must confess...Jeremy's never been to your blog, or any other blog! It was not he who signed his name; I "forged" it!

1:10 PM  

Well that word covers most everything thats bad... and I see that Sarah was trying to bamboozle, betray, deceive, delude.... put something over... HORNSWAGGLE you!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home