Alaska According to Marie
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
The Tempest Has Come Out From Its Chamber
"The tempest comes out from its chamber, the cold from the driving winds."
This is a good description of the weather here today. The trees are leaning over from the weight of the wind and the temperature is bitterly cold. My office is creaking from the walls moving.
I would like to be near the ocean during a real bad storm. I can imagine how powerful it must be. I am quite certain that I wouldn't want to be in the ocean during the storm, but rather watching from a secure place with a fireplace and a hot cup of cocoa immediately available.

My mom grew up in Old Harbor on Kodiak Island. She remembers watching a tidal wave come in and cover her village. ('64 quake) Wouldn't that be amazing to see? She saw it from the safety of the hill behind the village, but she didn't have a cozy fire and a mug of hot chocolate to keep her warm. They were up there in the cold during the night, helpless to stop the water. Amazing story.
I went to Bible school on Cannon Beach in Oregon. I loved being so close to the ocean. We did have some storms while we were there. It was so fun to go walk the beach over to see what rolled in after the waters went back down to normal.
I think I would like to live near the ocean someday. The coast is so beautiful in any kind of weather. 



1 Comments:
It is interesting to read what you have culled from my life stories. I read in fear and trembling (well that is probably stretching the truth a bit) to know what I may have passed on.
I almost put a picture up of Oregon today too! I love your Cannon Beach pictures.
Post a Comment
<< Home