
I spent the 4th up in Clear with my mom and dad. The DeLongs came up too and we had a really nice time visiting around the fire and playing out on the 4-wheelers. With all the interior fires, the smoke was pretty thick at times, but the weather was just so fantastic that we really couldn't complain. In the picture below of Karla's kids... I was just wondering how in the world they could be wearing all those clothes and gear in the heat and still give me those perfect smiles.

I've been working in the garden again this summer, it's a bit bigger than last year and this time around I've fortified the border in anticipation of sneaky ambushes by hungry moose and various other crits. A big thanks to Dad for helping me out with getting the dirt ready to plant. Dad and Klint have been doing some land work around the lake... including new sandy beaches!! They look great and they already have been getting good use. The lake is always a great place to spend summer evenings.

We had a fun group out there to celebrate Klint's birthday, and the weather was amazing. Klint spent a lot of time out on the jet boat, but this picture was taken when everything was slowing down for the evening and he settled for being the co-pilot in the paddle boat.
I had a fun time at the BP picnic this year too. It's something we have been doing as a family for the past few years and the kids all love it. This year they had a mechanical surfboard (kind've like the mechanical bulls). AJ probably spent his first hour at the picnic standing in line for the squirtgun maze. It was kind've set up like a paintball battlefield. He was so fun to watch. Ya... we were with the coolest kids at the picnic.

I've also been spending a lot of time taking pictures of lovebirds. I have played the fun part as "second shooter" for Carrie Lambing a few times this summer and have loved it. It has been a great experience shooting pictures and learning from her. You can see some of her stuff on her website
Carrie Lambing Photographic.
My good friend Anita was married last month... it was fun seeing her in that anticipation state of mind. I took a few pictures from that day and you can see those on Karla's wedding blog. Karla helped Anita plan the big day and it really turned out absolutely beautiful. (
Karla DeLong Weddings)
My cousin, Kendra, was married last month as well and Carrie and I shot those pictures. I had a lot of favorites from that day... this is one of them.
My office took all of us out halibut fishing again out of Seward. I love the scenery out there and even though the weather was kinda stormy and wet, it was still very beautiful. And between Matthew and I, we went home with 4 halibut!
So this has been a little glimpse of what has been keeping me busy lately. Oh yes!... I've been using a lot of my spare time making a blanket for my newest little niece, scheduled to arrive near the end of next month. Can't wait to meet you Reese!!!
2 Comments:
Such great pictures Marie.
You are a busy daughter and I love you so much. I hope you remember that every day!
I am using the picture of me on my blog now. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home